The old Test. was Re: [Sca-cooks] Boiled Eggs

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:44:58 PST 2001

>    My queston is this......When is the first documented
>   use of boiled eggs ether as garnish or as an ingrediant ?
>
>    *Back to the books*
>        Aethelwulf

Well, I would THINK the old testiment has something about boiled eggs.  The
burned egg is used in passover, so I would ASSUME boiled eggs were eaten
then.  But then again, it could be a symbol, as part of the passover
tradition, much on the plate is symbols of the travels and the harsh life of
the jews (the mortar, the bitter herbs, etc).  I don't know if the passover
sedar has changed much over the years....hmmm.

I could be completely, and utterly wrong.  My knowledge of the bible is very
shaky and while I was born a jew, I wasn't exactly raised a good one. I've
only been to, er, maybe four passover sedars in my entire life. ::hang my
head in shame.::

--Arte