[Sca-cooks] Period Breakfasts

Amanda Baker sca-cooks at treaclemine.cix.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 11:36:32 PST 2001

Good evening, all,

        Amanda Baker from the Shire of Mynydd Gwyn here (I'm not sure
if my original introduction message every made it through, so: that's
in the Isles of Drachenwald, or mundanely, Cardiff, Wales BTW).
I've been lurking on the list for many months, as some of you know
(Many thanks Olwen!!! Hi, Lucrezia!! Hi, everyone who knows me!!) and
I'm almost caught up to reading in real time now :-)

        I'm still searching for an SCA name, but my researches are
concentrated on Early Wales, that difficult pre-medieval period
blurring back into the Roman occupation.  I am also Deputy Assistant
Cook (Breakfasts) for Drachenwald Coronation, being held in the
fantastic Caerphilly Castle over the weekend of Jan 5 (an extremely
futuristic site for my 'persona', of course, since it is Norman built :-)

        So, I am avidly collecting everything which relates to cooking
breakfasts at events, especially ways to successfully introduce SCA
period elements: I am thinking of labelling the coffee and tea as
'Exotic drinks from the Mid and Far East' and letting people work
it out from there :-)

        I just wanted to add that, during the past difficult year, it has
been uplifting, inspiring, extremely educational, as well as downright
amusing, and sometimes, comforting, to be able to 'eves-drop' on
all the SCA-Cooks conversations.  Here's hoping that the New Year
(whether it starts on 1 Nov, 1 Jan or whenever for you!) is much
happier for us all...

        Best regards,

        Amanda

amanda at treaclemine.cix.co.uk