[Sca-cooks] Interesting possibilities... (was sheep testies)

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:42:18 PST 2001

With all this talk about sheep testicles and other oddities, I was thinking
that wouldn't it be fun to have a potluck of sorts, with people bringing in
said horribly named food item, and it is in all actuality something else.
The opposite of "Rocky Mountain Oysters" sort of thing (which actually
sounds reasonable and not bull testicles)...something that sounds wrong, but
its actually not.

I don't know how period that is, but it might be fun to come up with
something that is truely scary sounding (sort of like halloween parties
where they blind fold you and you get to feel the "monster eye balls" when
they are actually grapes).

Asian markets have the coolest wraps, some of which are clear and slimy.
Worm stew comes to mind!  Or use the glass noodles, some food coloring and
maybe place in dark sharkfin soup!  I've seen some sharkfin soups that are
almost the consistency of mud.  Yummy!  Slimy YET statisfying (ok, Aeddie, I
know...I couldn't resist).

--Arte