[Sca-cooks] Deer in NYC

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 18 19:55:20 PST 2001

Well, he probably crossed the Henry Hudson Parkway, or the West Side
Highway... so, sure! Is the speed limit on the highways 65? No, 55. Do cars
ever drive at 65 (and even higher, sometimes?) Yes... I suspect you
experience the phenomenon of speeding in Texas, too.

Gee, I bet you don't know we have hawks in Central Park. I don't mean in
the zoo. I mean living "in the wild." One pair nested on the facade of a
fancy Fifth Ave. apartment house one year. The ledge wasn't very wide, and
it wasn't the most stable place, and everyone worried about them until the
nestlings were ready to fly. Normally, of course, they nest in the trees,
and feast on pigeons.

I love New York, we have some of everything!

Anne