[Sca-cooks] Re: Michelangelo's menus

M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey mdcarey at compuserve.com
Mon Nov 19 18:50:24 PST 2001

Greetings, good gentles,

Some time ago, on one of the lists I subscribe to, (probably This one!) there was
discussion of a menu written by Michelangelo.

Well, if anyone would like a look at it, the list and sketch is now in the Midrealm
at the Toledo Museum of Art in Toledo, Ohio, through Nov. 25.  The show is
called Michelangelo: Drawings and Other Treasures from the Casa Buonarroti,
Florence.  The museum's  phone # is 1-888-763-7486.  Web is
www.toledomuseum.org.

The other major exhibit currently running is the Smithsonian's Star
Wars: the Magic of Myth.  As you can imagine, the place is pretty
crowded.  Combination tickets are available.

I recommend the audio tour for Star Wars.  I advise against the audio
tour for Michelangelo.  It is long-winded and annoyingly cute, with
very low info to chatter ratio.

Maria