[Sca-cooks] suspenders

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 19 20:49:56 PST 2001

> > If they don't have any belts, then one hand must be kept
> > occupied holding up their pants, and thus they can get into less
> > trouble. :-)
> >
> > Stefan
>
> You know, smartass remarks like that are why we love you, man!

Well, thank you. I'm never sure how things will be recieved.

> 'Lainie
> -my sweetie's a fireman, and I'll tell you- it's the suspenders!

Hmmm. I thought of baldrics, but those were used to hang swords not
hold up pants. So, I'm afraid this is getting further off subject, but
does anyone know when suspenders (ie: the straps that go over the
shoulders to hold up pants, not the heraldic kind) first appear.
Are they period?

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net