[Sca-cooks] Another great exhibit...OT

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Nov 21 07:55:07 PST 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Seeing Maria's message reminded me that I should share this information with
you.

If any of you happen to be in the DC area between now and January 6, be sure
to go to the National Gallery of Art and See "Virtue and Beauty:  Leonardo's
Ginevra de' Benchi and Renaissance Portraits of Women".  I went to see it
yesterday, and it is fabulous...especially for anyone at all interested in the
garb, jewelry, hairstyles and headdresses of the early/middle Renaissance in
Italy...and there are a few from Northern Europe as well.  As they are
portraits (mostly waist or bust up), details such as fabrics, trims, jewels,
etc. are much easier to see.  There are even a couple of sculptures there as
well.  It is well worth taking a little time to look at these paintings...and
the adjacent rooms are full of more lovely Renaissance art.

Pardon me for taking the time on this list, but I wanted to share....

Kiri

--
Elaine Koogler

     "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"

                                                     --  Kosh