[Sca-cooks] Keeping the deer away...

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 06:10:45 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/15/01 4:20:10 PM Central Standard Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

<< Problem is, the more people move up into the
 hills, the less habitat the deer have, and the more they come down to
 eat our dahlias.

 I feel sorry for them, but I also don't want them in the yard. And
 ordinance or no, Rudolph jumps on the roof, he'll he jerky! ;-D) >>

One of the things that is used alot around here to discourage the deer from
coming too close is dried blood. You can get it from most garden centers.
Personally I just let the local fauna eat whatever they want. I enjoy
watching them get creative on how to get inside the 6' fencing to eat my
veggies.

As for rabbits, a couple nylon stockings filled with dog hair works well. I
also work as a pet groomer(as well as professional baker) and have access to
LARGE quantities of the hair. Just tie the stockings down around the garden
and the little bunnies don't come anywhere near the sweet tender shoots.

Sorry this is so late, trying to catch up after moving. My books are still in
their boxes. Sigh...

Finnebhir