[SCA-Cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 10:27:30 PST 2001

We were also fairly traditional:

    Turkey (roasted, which is my brother's preference,
             as we were at his house) - fruit inside to flavour
    Dressing (sage-herb, celery, white bread - Mom's recipe)
    Cranberry sauce (canned, jellied - by popular vote)
    Baked sweet potatoes
    Brussels sprouts with garlic
    Green salad with chopped veggies, olive-oil dressing
    Two kinds of bread - nixtamal and cornmeal-walnut - and butter
    Gravy (traditional, more-or-less - my brother made it)

And for dessert (a couple hours later):
    Pumpkin pie
    Sugar-free apple pie
    Pecan pie (which I think had all the sugar from the apple pie...)
    Vanilla ice-cream (sugar-free)

With the exception of the nursing baby, everybody ate some of everything, and my 16-month-old niece has a new word in her vocabulary:  "Pie!"

We had leftovers on Friday (except that we had birthday cake for dessert) and took turkey sandwiches when we left on Saturday morning.  I also took a walnut-cranberry stuffed bread for breakfasting.

                          ---= Morgan

“Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like
 and let the food fight it out inside.”        ---= Mark Twain
“You KNOW you’re both Southern and dyslexic if you looked at the news
headlines this morning, and you thought it said,  “US JETS BOMB KUDZU’.”