[Sca-cooks] brace, was mock turtles

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 29 21:01:05 PST 2001

But it is so cool that you can get purple braces now! My friend's girls
have pink, and neon green, and other way cool colors  for their crutches
and braces, and the oldest has all kinds of decorations on her chair. My
dad, who (like the girls) had polio was stuck with heavy leather and steel
as a child... At least he was then able to use canes, which he got in good
wood. (You can never go wrong with wood...*G*) When he did start to use a
chair again, he chose a chic matte black. Not the neon type, my father! But
it is nice to have a choice of styles.

Of course, I don't think any of them wanted to be Teenage Mutant Ninja
Turtles... I didn't think they were around any more. They came and went
when I was teaching.

Anne