[Sca-cooks] Marrow - thanks

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:40:41 PST 2001

> >It was eaten with those special little silver spoons.
> >Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis
>
>Why yes.  The spoons are almost like what we call iced tea spoons except
>trimmer and a little more "spork" like.
>
>Hm, the only medieval utensil I know that fits to this description has a
>tiny spoon at one end and a tooth-pic at the other and was only used to
>clean you ear with ;-))))
>Marcellina

No, I wasn't speaking of a period utensil but rather, a more modern one.  I
have been to a few finer restaurants in the past that actually offered
marrow bone (yes, as one long bone)and it was served with a specially
designed kind of utensil that is more or less a cross between an iced tea
spoon and a shellfish fork.  Haven't seen it around in quite a long time
though.
Olwen