[Sca-cooks] Oddities (was Re: The old Test. )

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Mon Nov 5 14:09:27 PST 2001

>Olwen the Odd wrote:
> > Not as odd as some on this list.  Stand up there AEduin.  You too 'Lainie.
> > OK just sit there then Muiredach.  Misha, Chirhart, get up now.  Oh I could
> > go on and on....
> >
> > Olwen, odd but with *LOTS* of company.  Who needs a rock?
>
>Hey! Who you calling odd? James just accused me of wanting to be June
>Cleaver, and anyone who knows me... I'm perfectly normal, Olwen. All the
>world is mad but me and thee, and sometimes I wonder about thee...

Aye Lainie!  Define "normal"?  I just so hate that word...  Statistically,
I seem to remember only about 22% of the population is "normal", as in can
fit within one big category, all the rest has their own little categories!  Ha!

As far as a mad world, well, as Akiro Kurosawa so aptly said: "In an insane
world, only the insane is sane".

Obligatory food content:  Last Saturday was the shire's late halloween
costume party.  We weren't allowed to go wearing garb (yes, I am getting to
food content!!!).  Folks were invited to bring food stuff.  Some brought
mead (some good, some *bad*, some with promise but shouldn't have been
opened before a year went by!)

I brought big sea scallops wrapped in filo pastry with sauteed shitake
mushroom, and a leaf of fresh basil.  Salt pepper.  I used good strong
greek olive oil instead of butter for the whole thing.  (BTW, when I use
olive oil, I like to use the real dark green stuff that actually *tastes*
like olive, instead of the nearly white Bertolli sh*t...).  Put the
scallops raw in the wrapping, by the time the filo is browning around the
edges, the scallops are cooked just right, nice and soft and tender
:-)  Could be done with Fresh tuna, if ya can afford it.

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout