[Sca-cooks] GLAZED APRICOTS

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 6 00:02:38 PST 2001

Phillipa said:
> I guess this is what I am looking for, never having done it, I;m not sure.
> btw, what is 'hard tack' stage?

I think that is "hard crack" stage, at least that is the way it came
across in my digest copy.

For a bit more on the various candy stages (and don't look at *me*
to explain these), check this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section of
the Florilegium:
Candying-art       (9K)  6/29/99    Period and modern descriptions of
the
                                       candying process by Alys Katharine.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Candying-art.html

For this recipe, I'm also wondering what the cream of tarter does
for you?

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net