[Sca-cooks] Cookie exchange reminder

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Tue Nov 6 19:23:04 PST 2001

At 09:06 PM 11/6/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings!  Just a friendly reminder about the Great Cooks List
>Christmas Cookie Exchange.  The sign-up deadline is November 15th, and
>the cookies-to-be-received-by deadline is December 14th/15th.  If you're
>new to the list and haven't seen the details yet, but are interested in
>knowing what this is all about, shoot me a private e-mail and I'll fill
>you in!

Question/concern...

Quite a bit of brouhaha on my bonsai mailing list about mail/packages
iradiation.  Not too entirely sure when they'll actually be starting this,
might have done so already.  Do we want to use US Postal Services for this
cookie stuff, not sure of what impact on food their treatment would
have.  I know it'll likely kill plants and seeds...

If anyone is actualy knowledgeable on this and can give concrete info, I,
for one, would highly appreciate it.

On a related topic, I drove from Chicago to Springfield, IL, which is about
200 miles each way...  Went there with a cow-orker, who's blind, hence I
did all the driving...  As I dropped him off, his wife gave me a bunch of
mexican pastries.  They were so fresh, the paper plate was nearly too hot
to handle!!!  I didn't catch the name, but they are half circles of pastry
dough, filled with (apple?appricot?) jelly, and covered with
sugar/cinnamon.  I'll be sure to ask the name, and perhaps even a recipe,
as they are quite awesome. :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka