[Sca-cooks] Cookie exchange reminder

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Tue Nov 6 19:25:53 PST 2001

> Question/concern...
>
> Quite a bit of brouhaha on my bonsai mailing list about mail/packages
> iradiation.  Not too entirely sure when they'll actually be starting this,
> might have done so already.  Do we want to use US Postal Services for this
> cookie stuff, not sure of what impact on food their treatment would
> have.  I know it'll likely kill plants and seeds...

Excellent point.  I was thinking about that this afternoon, listening to
the radio.  They were talking about how some of the mail from one NJ
post office is being diverted to a facility that will irradiate it
before sending it on.  They said it could discolor some paper and heat
up some metal, but they didn't address the issue of food.  Perhaps FedEx
would be a good idea.

-Magdalena