[Sca-cooks] C rations Oop

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 7 00:06:23 PST 2001

Perhaps you mean El Salvador, which is a little country on the Pacific side
of Central America.  San Salvador is one of the Bahamas (not a good location
for your tale) or the capital city of El Slavador.

In 1969, there was a fight with Honduras over Salvadoran workers in that
country.  And in 1979, there was a coup which lead to a 12 year civil war
with an estimated 70,000 dead (a little over 1% of the population).  Maybe
by avoiding one "war" he lucked out and missed the dearh squads.

Bear

>Side note (sort of on the same vien), today on the radio, a gentleman in
San