[Sca-cooks] Farmers Market

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Nov 7 05:23:40 PST 2001

Christina Nevin wrote:

>>places. You guys get to go to one place, spend all day and all your money
>>

>>in one simple step!
>>

>>Olwen
>>

> True, but then it takes me an hour to  have to lug it all home on two
> different tubes! London is also a real pain for de-centralised shopping -
> nothing is anywhere near anything else. So if I want to buy material, I
> can't go to the farmer's market, or buy craft gear or whatever without an
> exhausting amount of running around. Every 'area' is in a completely
> different part of London and it always takes you an hour to get anywhere.
> Makes Saturdays a bit frustrating at times.

I can sympathize. While there are good shops all over New York (most, but not all, in Manhattan), everybody has preferences that make a certain "flight pattern" necessary. It helps to have a "second choice" location for acceptable produce, meats, fish, etc., so you can combine as many stops into as tight a pattern as possible, not because efficiency is necessarily the watchword of my life, but just because sometimes there isn't any other way to get everything you need to do, done.

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com