[Sca-cooks] Cookie exchange reminder

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Wed Nov 7 05:48:10 PST 2001

While in general, I don't like the idea of irradiated food, I admit that
I don't mind for the little bit of food sent to me through the mail *if
it's in fact the same process*.  I haven't heard any news report compare
mail irradiation to food irratiation, and it's really not clear to me
that the processes are identical.  I did, however, hear them talking
about how it could damage non-food products like paper, electronics and
metals.  That's why I'm concerned about damage to the cookies.  I
suppose the most obvious thing based on those reports is not to wrap the
cookies in aluminum foil...

-Magdalena