[Sca-cooks] Empenadas

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Nov 7 10:45:44 PST 2001

Hello all!

I just finished reading (one of the three cookbooks in my bed) a book on
Spainsh and Portugeuese cooking, and from what I read in there,
Empenadas can be just about anything wrapped in dough of some sort.
Meat, fruit, custard, piecrust, puff pastry (they called it something
else but I can't remember the word), bread dough, what have you. As
Master A suggested, it is basically Something in Pastry. So the
calzone-like things I make for camp could easily be called empenadas.
Cool...

'Lainie