[Sca-cooks] Period Breakfasts

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Nov 7 12:04:00 PST 2001

Amanda said:
>         I'm still searching for an SCA name, but my researches are
> concentrated on Early Wales, that difficult pre-medieval period
> blurring back into the Roman occupation.  I am also Deputy Assistant
> Cook (Breakfasts) for Drachenwald Coronation, being held in the
> fantastic Caerphilly Castle over the weekend of Jan 5 (an extremely
> futuristic site for my 'persona', of course, since it is Norman built :-)

Welcome to SCA-Cooks!, although it sounds like you've actually been
around for awhile. So, my appologies if you've already heard all this,
but here are two files in the CULTURES section of the Florilegium that
might help in your persona research:
Wales-msg         (81K) 10/12/01    Welsh culture. avail. newsletters.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Wales-msg.html
Roman-Wales-bib    (9K)  7/23/99    Bibliography on Roman Wales by
Tangwystyl.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Roman-Wales-bib.html

>         So, I am avidly collecting everything which relates to cooking
> breakfasts at events, especially ways to successfully introduce SCA
> period elements: I am thinking of labelling the coffee and tea as
> 'Exotic drinks from the Mid and Far East' and letting people work
> it out from there :-)

You might check these files in the FOOD section:
Brakng-t-Fast-art (32K)  5/10/01    "Breaking the Fast or What did they
eat for
                                       breakfast?" by Mistress
Christianna
                                       MacGrain, OP,OL, Meridies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Brakng-t-Fast-art.html
breakfast-msg     (71K)  9/26/01    What's for breakfast? SCA and
period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/breakfast-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net