[Sca-cooks] Medieval cooking for non-cooks

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Nov 7 15:47:53 PST 2001

Louise Smithson wrote:

<story of broke college students and potluck contributions>

Been there, done that! Too broke to buy the t-shirt!

> I started with the ubiquitous Macrowns (medieval Mac and Cheese) made with lasagna sheets for ease.
> Caboches in potage
> Buttered wortes
> Funges
>
> Any other suggestions would be welcome.  Remember the cheaper and easier the dish the better.

Heh. Armored Turnips! Very easy, the most expensive part is the cheese.

Around here, there is usually plenty of bread- one could make sops, or
even cooler- make a variety of sauces, garlic, cameline, etc, and put
them in small dishes with slivers of bread to try with.

There's also several Arabic vegetable recipes that are quite
inexpensive. There's also the salad recipe in COI which should be
inexpensive and who takes Salat to a potluck? I'd eat it.

Hope it helps a little,

'Lainie