[Sca-cooks] Medieval cooking for non-cooks

Ginny Claphan mizginny at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 10:11:20 PST 2001

We host a Yuletime potluck in our march (Tirnewydd). During the day, we have a
set amount of tokens that we receive at the gate to be used for gaming or what
have you. We also received *extra* tokens for bringing a period dish our
persona would have eaten. At the end of the day, the tokens are used to
determine the order of precedence in the Gift battle. It worked out nicely last
year.

Tirnewydd is also blessed with a pack of enlightened foodies so we eat *very*
well.

My hubby Sartaq, who at the time was an expert at the Mac & cheese dish and has
since improved, took a receipt from Soup for the Qan which was essentially a
lamb, rice, and garlic stew. Turned out to quite tasty and we brought home an
empty dish. I made a marzipan shield with the arms of the barony to which our
march belongs (Middle Marches - blessedly simple, argent a chevron inverted
gules, in chief a laurel wreath vert. :))

Gwyneth