[Sca-cooks] Cooking Spam

kattratt kattratt at home.com
Thu Nov 8 19:22:19 PST 2001

Ok now I don't normally eat this stuff just because but when I have it
struck me as something like Fried Bologna (YES I ATE IT COOKED).  ((And
if you are eating it cold I hope you are washing it off first, I mean
cholesterol city!!!!  I don't eat the gelatanized fat off of Ham either
though.))  So I must ask those with it on their shelves to look and
tell... Other than the gloopy stuff in the can, (which I assume is
gelatanized fat for preservatives) what is the difference between SPAM
and so luncheon meat or a hotdog? To quote "The Great Outdoors" isn't it
all just lips and @&#holes?
I can't imagine anyone eating Spam cold.  ICK! But cooked it is pretty
good. The goopy stuff melts down to grease to fry the meat in.  Just
like good ol' "Popped up Baloney" (Fried Bologna for those who insist on
the proper name.) ((Some childhood traits die hard.))
Nichola