[Sca-cooks] Cooking Spam

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Thu Nov 8 14:58:29 PST 2001

>I simply slice it, thick or thin depending upon the effect I want,
>and fry it like a ham slice in a skillet. My mother used to
>sometimes bread it with something before frying it, so it came
>out like chicken-fried steak or fried chicken.

I've heard of this barbaric practice.  Heck, I've even been offered it once
for food.  Not a happy memory!  Blerch!  While I will eat Spam or similar
stuff once a year or so to remind me why I don't eat it on a regular basis,
it's got to be cold, because hot Spam just doesn't cut it...

>If you let liver and kidney and such touch your pan, then there
>should be no problem with Spam. It is simply a ham sausage
>using a metal gut instead of the one from inside an animal.

Stefan, I do believe that we'll have to disagree on that...  Yeowza! <smile>

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout