Peanut gallery was Re: [Sca-cooks] Cooking Spam

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 11:42:28 PST 2001

>Boiled Peanuts?  Are these used as a garnish or a side dish or something?
>Recipe please!
>>--Arte

Big pot, put in raw peanuts, fill with water to more than cover, put in a
LOTLOT of salt, boil, add more salt, boil, add more salt if you can't smell
the salt water, boil till the things are soft.

I used to make these 10 pounds at a time when I ran a little roadside
vegetable stand in Pensacola.  Best eaten warm.  When you serve them put
them in a crock or on a sterno to keep them warm.  Good ole southern snack
food.

Olwen