[Sca-cooks] Re: pantry foods was Cooking Spam

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:46:54 PST 2001

>Mini-rant:
>Who on g*d's green earth would actually can a potato?
>Much less eat the finished product? Unless you were
>moving to a bomb shelter...
>
>I don't mean to offend anyone, but if someone's got a
>plausible answer, I will be better for the knowledge.

Well, this is funny.  I hardly EVER eat anything out of a can or a box or
premade but I *do* buy and use canned potatos.  I toss the whole ones in a
black skillet with a little wine till they are hot through then add lots of
butter and garlic and fresh herbs and roll them around till they are nice
and browned.  Can't think of anything else to do with them though but they
work really well for this!

BYW on the subject of prepackaged food, the VERY BEST mac and cheese I have
*EVER* had comes from a box/bowl premade.  I cann't recall the name but it
has the word "bowl" in it.  I've run out and am going to the store tonight.
Hope the HanAhReum has it!
Olwen