[Sca-cooks] Re: pantry foods was Cooking Spam

Fri Nov 9 13:47:08 PST 2001

You used canned potatoes anywhere fresh potatoes are hard to come by.  Forty
years ago in Alaska, potatoes could be difficult to find during the winter
so we used canned potatoes when we couldn't get fresh.  They and other odd
canned goods are also fairly common in remote field camps where regular
resupply and available refrigeration are issues.

Bear