[Sca-cooks] American vs. English muffins

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 11 21:14:14 PST 2001

Well, it's dough, not a batter, though sometimes a slightly soggy dough,
and you don't need rings. I know I've heard of using them, but no recipe I
have calls for them, and I bake (on the griddle) without them. Crumpets
might need rings, not sure. That is more a batter.

Now, where exactly do gems fit into all of this?

Anne