[Sca-cooks] spices question

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Sun Nov 11 23:33:58 PST 2001

> I would also add powdered galengale. While powdered won't last as
> long, I suspect few cooks have a way to grind it, since it distroys
> most spice grinders.

I don't know how far off I am, but I buy the fresh rhizomes when the
supermarkets have them and dry them whole or split. Then I use a fine
grater (the same one I use for nutmeg or whole, dry ginger). I would
suspect that dropping pieces of dry galengale (or ginger) into the
hand-cranked coffee mill would not be very productive.

UlfR

UlfR                                                 parlei at algonet.se
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
rigged demo.
    -- BSD fortune file