[Sca-cooks] spices question

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Nov 9 22:27:29 PST 2001

Aethelwulf said:
>    Being mostly new to all this as well
> the spices I would like to see would be:
> 1) Long Pepper
> 2) Grains of Paradise
> 3) Cubebs

The first two would be high on my list since they are not easily
gotten by most people except by mail order.

I would also add powdered galengale. While powdered won't last as
long, I suspect few cooks have a way to grind it, since it distroys
most spice grinders.

I bought extra amounts of some spices from the Pepperer's Guild at
Pennsic specifically as prizes or as gifts. Orlaith, thanks for
reminding me of this.

And yes, there is info on all of the spices mentioned so far in the
Florilegium as well as recipes that use them.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net