[Sca-cooks] Need Recipes for Yule Contests...

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:13:58 PST 2001

<<I'd think strongly about what the judges might really be
wowed by and go from there. What's not been done in years
past? Is there a strong tradition of any cuisine that would
be really appreciated more than others? (German over Frenc...or Italian over
English?)>>

I'll try to answer these as best as I can.  I have no info on answer any of
these questions.  Working purely on the "new guy" mentality here.  Maybe
Selene may know?

><<Are these main dishes or can they be sweets and candies?>>

Rather do main dishes...

><<How many should the recipe serve?>>

Last year there was about 80 people who showed to this event.  I;d figure if
it feeded 15 that should be fair (Selene?  Aeddie?  What do you think?).

><<Can they be served or reheated at the event site?>>

Not without a lot of hassel.  I live five minutes from the site though.

<<What markets and speciality stores do you have access to that might offer
unusual yet appropriate foods?>>

I have access to just about anything, from fresh fruits and veggies to asian
cusine.

<<What can the dishes be served in that would show them off to their best
advantage? >>

Plates AREN'T a problem with me. I'm a potter, remember? ;)

<<(What's the budget and the time factors? How many hours are you willing to
devote to the project?>>

Budget, no more than $20.  Time, no more than two hours.

<<These are the sort of thoughts that come into my mind before
I'd even start with the recipe search.>>

Ok...what do you think now?  Help? :)

--Arte