[Sca-cooks] Medieval cooking for non-cooks

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Nov 13 08:52:11 PST 2001

I have heard that occassionally you can get
really great prices on butter and sour cream
through a local dairy plant. Cream cheese is
on sale at various times through the holidays
or try the warehouse//commercial grocery
 sales for the 5 pound blocks.
Brie is always expensive... try the food coop route.
At least for feasts, you can try the above routes.
For a potluck dish to serve 6-8, you are at the
mercy of the local sales.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Elaine Koogler wrote:>
> Actually, STC is quite expensive...
you use butter, cream cheese and brie.
  Our head cook this past
> weekend spent more on those ingredients
 than he did for the pork for the pork roast!!!