[Sca-cooks] TURKEY GRAVY

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 13 09:28:37 PST 2001

Gravy? Hmm... every once in awhile I have a clunker (usually because I'm
doing eight things at once) but my basic method is to lightly brown some
plain flour in a skillet, then a little at a time, whisking away like a
dervish, I shlorp some drippings from teh turkey with the shlorper (I
forget what it's called- bulb on one end?), maybe adding a little water
and continue whisking as it cooks on low until I have about the
consistency I want. And I add salt, and I like quite a bit of pepper. As
it cools down I sometimes have to thin it with a little milk or it is
too thick to pour but it always tastes great. I don't use giblets
because I don't eat organ meats. One of teh arguments we are having this
year, along with bread vs cornbread stuffing... James and I are doing
T-Day with the kids at his dad's house, which is midway between us, so
it should be interesting. But my birthday falls on T-Day this year, so
I'm going to be selfish and whine alot... :-D)

'Lainie