[Sca-cooks] TURKEY GRAVY

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 17:31:04 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/13/2001 9:22:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

> I have to make a homemade turkey gravy for Thanksgiving.
> Anyways.........
> If I take the pan drippings and whisk in some Wondra flour, will that make
> gravy?
> Anybody got a good but simple recipe?

What my mom taught me to do is to take the pan juices, use one of those neat
little cups that separates the fat, then bring the pan juices to a boil.
Make a slurry of Wondra flour and water (a little thicker than milk), and
stir it in while still boiling, a spoonful at a time, until it reaches the
desired thickness.  Give it some time, ( a couple of minutes) stirring
constantly, between adding spoonfuls, to allow it to thicken a little.  If
you want giblet gravy, boil the giblets for about 20 minutes, chop them up,
and add them after the gravy is thickened, just long enough to warm them up
again.

Brangwayna Morgan