[Sca-cooks] TURKEY GRAVY

Barbara Dodge awench2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 14:55:55 PST 2001

Skim off any grease from the drippings and dispose of it.  Place your
roasting pan (if it is stove top safe) on the stove with burner(s) at med.
high heat.  When the bits in the bottom of the pan start to sizzle, add a
little water or broth to the pan and scrape up the browned bits.  This is
where a lot of your flavor will come from.

(BTW, I reccommend Swansons Chicken broth in the box for adding to my
poultry gravy.  It's good enough to drink hot when you have a sore throat
and no one is around to make homemade!)

Put your Wondra flour and some water or broth (cold, please) in a jar or
container that has a tight fitting lid.  Shake it up til smooth.  Add flour
mixture to the roasting pan and wisk the gravy together.  Bring to a boil
and let cook a few minutes to cook the raw flour taste out.  This will also
bring the mixture to its full thickness.  Season with salt and pepper as
desired.

If you are afraid that you may not have enough,  I find that Franco
Americans Roast Turkey Gravy IN THE JAR, NOT THE CAN is a good one to add to
your homemade batch.  It will increase your quantity of gravy while keeping
it more like homemade.