[Sca-cooks] Wondra Flour

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 18:38:36 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/13/2001 9:16:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vavroom at bmee.net writes:

> Everyone's talking about Wondra flour on the list for gravy.  *what* is
>  it?  Similar to corn starch?  Flour with other additives to it???  Tell me,
>  please, it's bugging me :-)

Wondra (tm) is more or less a "light" flour. Think of it in terms of
confectioner's sugar vs regular sugar...  I don't happen to have any on hand
right now so I can't check the label for maker and additives, but it's been
around for ages and is great stuff. You can even use it in place of
cornstarch in Chinese recipes that call for coating things to be
stir-fried...makes them nicely crunchy.

Ilaria