[SCA-Cooks] Medieval cooking for non-cooks

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 13 22:04:24 PST 2001

Morgan answered me with:

> Stefan, have you gotten a copy of my "Period Cooking for the Wary" handout?  It has a number of recipes (I tend to vary them occasionally, because I often do it with tastings and I don't want to get bored!) just as you ask.  They are simple, use familiar ingredients and methods (with the occasional adaption to crockpot or other handy item offered as an alternative), and have the original, source, translation, etc.

I would love to have this to use for this Yule Revel or even better to add
to the Florilegium file I'm wanting to create. Or possibly as a stand alone
article if it is long enough. Maybe you could just send me the new recipes
as you replace others and I could just append them to what I already have
there.

I don't think I've ever seen it nor heard of this article before.

> I've taught it a number of times in Ansteorra but mostly around my region.

I occasionally get up to that region but only once or twice a year and
if taught as a class for brand new beginners, I probably picked another
class I thought would be of more direct benefit to me. There are almost
always too many classes I'm interested in and not enough time.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net