[Sca-cooks] Gerard's Herball

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 14 07:26:04 PST 2001

Having used EEBO off and on since the project
came up and even prior to public release
(UM faculty access; I called the project coordinator
and got the passwords; part of the librarian inside
trading/community; Proquest is located 2 exits down
I-94 from my house, so this is local....),
I don't know that loading it all at one time will work very well.
These are huge files of scanned images
and unless you are on a fast connection, you may
have problems. If this is the 1633 edition, it has
nearly 1700 pages. We have been discussing doing
something with one of the 124 pages files and each page
there runs 240-256k. That's a big file.
Even printing out these scanned pages takes forever.
I spent 90 minutes downlaoding and nearly 4 1/2 hours
printing the last time I worked with a 16th [ similar to
Proquest] century item.
I wish you luck and a fast connection. You might try at
night if you can access it then.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Robin Carroll-Mann wrote: snipped