[Sca-cooks] Re: Gerard's Herball

Christina L Biles bilescl at okstate.edu
Wed Nov 14 09:28:53 PST 2001

>>>Iasmin wrote

>>> if I wanted EEBO access, do you know how I would get it? I can't seem
to get
that info off the site.

As far as I know, you have two ways to gain access.  EEBO is a new way of
doing business for libraries and Proquest where they are working in
partnership with both member libraries and Proquest coughing up money for
the digitization and retyping of these books.  It is expensive, you have
to be a fairly major library, or really committed to the departments which
would access the service, to afford it.  (My library is not a member, we
can't afford it.)

You can access EEBO as an associate of a university whose library is a
partner in the project, or you can also purchase a subscription to the
project.  I don't know how much the Proquest EEBO subscription runs, but
it is not listed as one of the products that they offer to individuals.

The ProQuest information is available online at
http://www.umi.com/products/pt-product-EEBO.shtml

-Magdalena