[Sca-cooks] Stuffings, was turkey gravy

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 14 21:14:02 PST 2001

Morses3 at aol.com wrote:
> On the same note since it's a timely subject, what stuffing recipes does
> everyone use that they like the best? Which ones have you tried and not liked?
> The worst stuffing I've had was a cornbread based one (that's what they said
> it was, we all doubted it...)at a friend's house one year that contained
> canned peas (the really big ones like they used to serve in the school
> cafeteria) onions, and curry. They said they made up the recipe
> themselves....Nobody present doubted them.> Gervase
---------------------------------------
Yeah, curry, cornbread, onions and canned peas sounds a trifle over the
top.

The family traditional recipe is leftover breads and cornbreads with
sage. We don't stuff the bird... too many horror stories about
uncooked deadly stuffing... My sister was in Public Health for
a number of years. My grandfather liked oysters, so he got his
own dish of stuffing. No one else ate it. I have found that there
was a really good wild rice with pecans and dried wild cherry recipe
that we did the last year I did the big meal and had company in.
We served that as a side dish.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway