[Sca-cooks] Request for recipes

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 14 21:22:07 PST 2001

I don't have the issue available but
Rudolf Grewe did an article on early tomato
recipes in Spain and Italy. It was published
in The Journal of Gastronomy, 3 [Summer 1987]
pp.67-83.
See Andrew Smith's The Tomato in America for a
run down of the tomato prior to its appearance in
modern American cuisine.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis