[Sca-cooks] Stuffings, was turkey gravy

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:07:32 PST 2001

> > a number of years. My grandfather liked oysters, so he got his
> > own dish of stuffing. No one else ate it. I have found that there
> > was a really good wild rice with pecans and dried wild cherry recipe
> > that we did the last year I did the big meal and had company in.
> > We served that as a side dish.
> >
> > Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway
>
>     That's one of the nice things about cooking outside the turkey
>(besides safety) - you can do more than one kind and everybody can have
>what they like best.  Do you have a recipe for the stuffing with dried
>cherries in it?  It sound quite interesting.
>
>Sandra Kisner

I love chestnut & oyster stuffing.  Terribly expensive buy oh so good.  I
don't do it every year though.  I do manage to do two types of stuffing in
the bird though.  I like a bread stuffing with dried fruits and onions it it
but many don't so I make a smaller batch of that for the neck end and either
a more traditional bread, onion, sage sausage, celery, etc. for the body.
Sometimes I take a poll of the guests and see if there is any favorite
choice for the dressing.  I have come up with some real doosies.  Now the
favorite I make that is requested (even for Queens Teas) is the Colonial
Turkey ~ the de-boned, forcemeat bird.  YUM!
Olwen