[Sca-cooks] Stuffings, was turkey gravy

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:12:51 PST 2001

>>I love chestnut & oyster stuffing.
>
>My wife made oyster stuffing once.  The only thing of hers I didn't
>like.  Not that it was bad, but I have this thing, I like oysters smoked,
>or fresh, perhaps is a quick and simple oyster soup.  But...  Ohhh, I
>dunno... :-)
>
>Muiredach mac Loloig

There is a big difference between oyster stuffing and chestnut & oyster
stuffing.  In chestnut and oyster stuffing the ratio of nut/breadcrumbs is
over 2 to 1 in favor of chestnuts.  In oyster stuffing pretty much oysters
added to a breadcrumb stuffing mixture.  I've tried this and it does not
hold a candle to chestnut/oyster stuffing.
Olwen