[Sca-cooks] Stuffing, was: TURKEY GRAVY

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Thu Nov 15 06:52:29 PST 2001

> On the same note since it's a timely subject, what stuffing recipes does
> everyone use that they like the best? Which ones have you tried and not liked?
>
> My standby favorite for the last 15 years has celery, water chestnuts,
> cranberry sauce (yes, in the stuffing), lots of sage and pepper, onions, a
> little apple juice,and Jimmy Dean hot sausage all mixed up with the bread
> cubes. (Hey, I grew up in the south....it HAS to be Jimmy Dean!) I don't cook
> mine in the turkey since I prefer to let the turkey cook faster and like
> making the stuffing ahead of time for the flavors to blend.

My favorite for the last few years has included turkey sausage, lots of
dried fruit (apricots, cherries, raisins and cranberries,) chunks of
squash and a bit of saffron.  It's gotten rave reviews at my
mother-in-laws Thanksgiving blow-out every year.

However, my husband who doesn't eat 99% of the food on this planet has
never tried it because he doesn't like the ingredient list.  So, this
year I'm trying a new one with wild rice and chestnuts.  It looks like a
cool recipe, so I'm really looking forward to it!

-Magdalena