[Sca-cooks] question OT/OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Nov 15 12:48:51 PST 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Ok....  what do you call this line of dots?  No.  This is not a joke.

It's called an ellipsis, and according to my tattered
Thorndike-Barnhardt, it is a mark to indicate that something has been
ommitted in the text.

> Olwen who missed lunch (see-food content) and has been aswering stupid
> questions all day and this is one of them and I don't recall the answer but
> the up-side is I'm going to Restaurant Depot this evening (see-more food
> content)

Don't want to hear it. I'm working on the... cloak today (see- the
obscentities are omitted!) and this evening teaching 12th c Norman
clothes- research and documentation as well as construction. I might get
a chance to eat dinner... (OFC)

'Lainie