[Sca-cooks] Pt. 1 - Medieval Persian Iron Chef

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 15 23:55:56 PST 2001

Anahita said:
> I notice that my message about my Medieval Near Eastern, mostly
> Persian, feast sank like a stone among the messages about turkey and
> stuffing/dressing, but i will persist and post my recipes anyway, for
> posterity or something.

Well, not quite. I just hadn't gotten around to writing a message
requesting some of the recipes and was waiting to see if someone else
would.

> Here are three out of nine, for the "bawarid", the cold dishes:
> Zaitun Mubakhkhar - Smoked Olives
> Sals Abyad - White Sauce
> Badhinjan Buran - Princess Buran's Eggplant

The smoked olives and the white sauce were two of them I was
looking for. I wasn't expecting the smoked olives to have been
done from an actual period recipe, so this is great.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net