[Sca-cooks] Pt. 1 - Medieval Persian Iron Chef

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Fri Nov 16 05:33:46 PST 2001

At 21:27 15/11/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I notice that my message about my Medieval Near Eastern, mostly
>Persian, feast sank like a stone among the messages about turkey and
>stuffing/dressing, but i will persist and post my recipes anyway, for
>posterity or something.

Anahita,

Please be assured that your message was not ignored or buried, I for one
greatly appreciated it and applaud your efforts. I was very impressed with
your menu, and noted a few of my favourites on it as well. Your tied first
in the contest was well deserved, and I wish you well at Spring coronet. :o)

I was especially interested as eastern cooking has been much in my mind of
late, since I am the feast steward for the upcoming Twelfth Night Coronet
investiture, the last one before Lochac becomes a kingdom. I have decided
to go for a grand banquet such as one might find at the court of Moorish
Cordoba, based largely on the Manuscrito Anonimo supplemented by
al-Baghdadi and a few others sources. It's been something of a crash course
in Andalusian food! It's a bit ambitious so I hope I can pull it off...any
advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

al-salam alayqum 'Llah

Giles de Laval
Lochac