[Sca-cooks] Deer was turkey gravy

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Nov 16 08:01:15 PST 2001

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Laura C. Minnick wrote:
> > I feel sorry for them, but I also don't want them in the yard. And
> > ordinance or no, Rudolph jumps on the roof, he'll he jerky! ;-D)> >
> > 'Lainie the heartless and cruel to childhood icons...
> >"Pixel, Goddess and Queen" wrote:
> Deer will stay away from things that smell or taste bad. Blood, really
> heavily scented bar soaps, or human hair. Or you can put pepper spray on
> the plants you want to keep. Do a google search on the keywords "blood
> deer repellent" and you'll get a host of useful links.>
> Margaret, who has problem rabbits rather than deer
Michigan released the following data  on 9/27/2001
"Deer and motorists collided 65,006 times in
2000, down 4 percent from the 67,669
car-deer crashes in 1999, according to the
Michigan Deer Crash Coalition.

Eight motorists -- half of them motorcyclists --
were killed and more than 2,147 persons were
injured. Costs from auto repairs and other
damage were put at about $130 million.
Deer-crash collisions accounted for 15 percent
of all crashes in the state in 2000."

There are 2 million plus deer in the state.
And if they want to eat your yard, nothing stops them.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis