[Sca-cooks] OT Rudolph an icon???

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Nov 16 07:11:46 PST 2001

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> Ever seen what they do to a car?

Yep, I can attest to the damage they do when they run at those parked cars at 65 mph and up. Those kamikaze deer can ruin an entire front end, warp your frame, everything. Set up a cervine suicide hotline and make them all wear reflective orange vests, say I.

> I feel sorry for them, but I also don't want them in the yard. And
> ordinance or no, Rudolph jumps on the roof, he'll he jerky! ;-D)
>
> 'Lainie the heartless and cruel to childhood icons...

While we're venting our pet peeves... However the bl**dy h**l did Rudolph, star of a single rather inane song by Gene Autry, ever become a childhood icon? I mean, Clement Moore's eight tiny reindeer have a certain pride of place due to longevity, but does this mean I can just make up any old cr** and it just becomes part of the American Christmas mythos? And what about my all-time non-favorite, Frosty the Friggin' Snowman? Wassamatter, Rudolph was too much of a sign of the commercialization of Christmas, and also too sectarian, so Frosty had to be created to be PC, non-sectarian and still sufficiently spiritual in concept??? An atheist holiday icon? And then he goes ahead and shows his true colors and brutally kills both Kenny _and_ Cartman in the original South Park pilot??? Disgraceful!

Abso-floggin'-lutely disgraceful!

Adamantius, pushing for Jimmy Stewart, Donna Reed, and Mr. Hankey
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com