[Sca-cooks] OT Rudolph an icon???

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Nov 16 08:36:35 PST 2001

UlfR wrote:

> Traps. Think traps. If I ever ended up living in US suburbia, with
> neighbours that went the whole way on the holiday desec^Wdecorating of
> the yard, I'd more or less be forced to erect traps on the roof,
> wouldn't I?  Either a Big Honking Deadfall, or a spear trap of some
> kind. And then spend an hour on The Night arranging a convincible
> corpse. Half way down though the chimney, and with a spear clear through
> the body...

I have seen the 'stuck Santa' sticking out of the chimney. Pretty funny.

My all time favorite Far Side cartoon was from Dec 24, 1983- I remember
the date because it was the first Christmas after I was married, and I
was so sick from the impending bundle of Annie joy that I couldn't eat
Christmas dinner. But it shows a very 'interested' Doberman Pinscher,
'en pointe' with his ears straight up, in front of a fireplace. In the
fireplace, you see one shiny black boot poking down into the frame from
the chimney... Santa will be _so_ surprised!

I never left cookies for Santa as a kid- 1) we never had a fireplace and
I knew Dad locked the door at night, 2) I figured Dad would just eat
them, and 3) as my folks got more fundementalist they got very
anti-Santa. Kinda dampened the fun.

I know, Ulfr! Put your barbeque in the front yard, with a decorative
reindeer draped over it, and a bucket of labelled 'Reindeer Marinade'
next to it!

Heh...

'Lainie
woke up too early and now I feel Eeeevil...